Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Life's Traumatic Moments

This week has been filled with a lot of drama and moment that have probably taken years off my life. But I guess living in Cairo alone takes year off your life anyway. Really, it all started when I decided I should be healthier. That's just a crazy idea to begin with. I went with 2 of my friends to a group fitness class on Sunday night called Body Pump. It was an hour long and you exercised every major group of muscled in your body using weights. Thank God it was a group class because I would have quit after 15 minutes (it also helped that the instructor was nice on the eyes). I felt great afterwards, but let's just say that I'm walking around like a 80 year old today. I can barely sit down or stand up and I'm hobbling up and down stairs at school. I don't think I've ever been this sore. But hopefully it will get better? I'm determined to look like a bronzed, skinny, beautiful Egyptian goddess when I come home for Christmas.

The next event was much more traumatic. A girl threw up all over my floor yesterday in school. I felt so bad for her, but at the same time I was trying not to puke. Also, right after her class I had my worst class. Of course. So I was trying to take care of her and trying to get someone to tell a matron to clean up vomit (I don't know how to say that in Arabic), and trying to tell my next class to wait outside in the hallway. It was stressful ... I think I have 5 more pimples today. So I took my next class outside which meant they went crazy like monkeys. It was not a good day.

Then this morning... there was a freaking cockroach in my apartment!! I freaked out, grabbed a shoe, and killed it. The shoe is still sitting on its corpse (Insha Allah)... I'm afraid to look because what if it was really still alive and still living somewhere in my apartment? So yeah, I need bug killer and a cleaning lady NOW. My apartment is clean too. I just cleaned it the other day. So what's the deal cockroach? Why are you freaking me out and disturbing the peace? And what if it's not there when I move the shoe? So many fears. Everyone knows I do NOT deal with these things well. I wish I had a roommate.

I got offered a free cab ride the other day... apparently I was looking cute even though I really wasn't. But I had a semi-conversation in Arabic. I need to learn to lie when men ask me if I'm married. The answer should always be "aiywa."

In exciting news, the Walk for the Cure is in Egypt too! And it's this Sat. at the pyramids. A group from my school is going and I'm super excited. Not only is it for a good cause, but I'm doing it at the pyramids. That's pretty amazing. That's all from Cairo. No interesting news except for vomit, sore muscles, and cockroaches. And it's been 100 degrees here the past few days. I miss fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment