Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Beating me down into the ground

I must admit that I have not been the happiest person lately. But I think I'm on the "normal" path... as much as I hate to admit that. All of a sudden, everything about Cairo started pissing me off and I was snapping at my friends for no reason.

The Walk for the Cure: this was on Saturday and probably started my bad feelings about Cairo. There were thousands of people at the pyramids to participate in the walk... but do you think they thought to close down the pyramids to other visitors? Of course not. Do you think they thought to close down the road we were walking on to busses and camels? No... what logical sense would that make? There was literally no starting or ending point, and we were trying to be run over by camels or busses the entire time... or be trampled by other people. But alas, I was walking by the great pyramids and the sphynx, so I suppose I don't have much to complain about. Afterwards, I walked around downtown with some friends and bought a designer bag for 150 LE. That's right... less than 40 US dollars. This is a reason I love Egypt... amazing knockoffs.

I think I am just going through a rough time right now and I will hopefully get over my angst soon. This weekend is Halloween (yes, I found somewhere to celebrate in a country that doesn't believe in Halloween), so hopefully that will make me feel more homey. The challenges at school are becoming greater and greater and sometimes I feel like I'm drowning. I don't want to coast through... I want to have an impact. I just don't know sometimes if I can do that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment